SAFETY INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
We look forward to welcoming you at the CERN OPEN DAYS 2013. All visitors are expected to have carefully read the safety information below before entering any visit point.
1. The safety of persons working at CERN or visiting the Laboratory is our highest priority and we have an extensive safety program to ensure this.
2. For safety reasons high heels, open shoes or sandals are strictly forbidden. Appropriate protective equipment will be provided when necessary.
3. For the Open Days exposure to hazards arising from cryogenic and gas systems for cooling the accelerator and operating the detectors, as well as high voltage lines, high magnetic fields and equipment with induced radioactivity, have been eliminated wherever possible or reduced to the minimum. Residual risks may remain however.
4. We ask you to please listen and follow the instructions of your guide at all times, to stay in the areas marked for visitors’ access and designated by your guide and not to touch any of the equipment.
5. Should an alarm occur, please stay calm and follow the instructions given by your guide who is trained for such situations and will conduct you to the nearest emergency exit.
6. Please let your guide know if you belong to any of the following groups as access to underground and certain surface areas may be forbidden to you: persons equipped with a pacemaker, defibrillator, electronic medicine dispenser, hearing aid or metal implant, persons with reduced mobility or otherwise incapacitated, minors under the age of 12, persons suffering from claustrophobia.
7. Minors under the age of 18 remain under the responsibility of their parents or legal representatives at all times. They must be accompanied by an adult for the visit.
8. Eating, drinking or smoking are not allowed during the visit. There are designated areas at your disposal.
9. Please note that your guide may refuse access at any time to a visitor to a given area if she/he deems that such access could compromise his/her safety in any way.
10. Participation in the visit is at the visitors’ own risk. CERN waives all liability for damage of any kind. Please take care of any equipment you may bring with you as you will remain fully responsible for its safety.
11. By taking part in the site visit, you are deemed to have understood and accepted this Safety Information sheet.
We hope that you will enjoy your visit and we will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.